Michelle McKenna is mummy to two children and her youngest daughter has #T1D. Michelle is now a children’s author and blogger after leaving the corporate world after 12 years to pursue a writing career, inspired by her younger daughter who has T1D. Her debut children’s book is called ‘The Yellow Bills’ and Michelle writes blogs about looking for her daughter and to help raise awareness. Michelle is a community support facilitator at DigiBete.
In this episode Tom, Chris, Flipper and the Diabetes Chat community asked questions toMichelle as she joined the #diabeteschat Twitter Space as guest speaker and we talked about:
– Her daughters diabetes Journey and diagnosis
– Parents story of supporting her #CWD
– Mental Health, Advocacy and Peer Support
– Her book and her blogs
– The common signs of diabetes (The 4Ts)
– DigibBete UK – Co founder/Director Maddie Julian joined Michelle and spoke about video platform and app: http://digibete.org